Wednesday, April 18, 2007

No No-No

I have shot baseball every day for the last four days, so I finally got a night off. So of course, what happens? Mark Buehrle throws a no-hitter.

I was watching it on TV, and as it got later and later in the game, I was sitting there hoping that one of the Texas Rangers would find a hole and bust up the no-hitter. Yes, I am a selfish photographer. I want it all, WAAAAAAAH!!!!

So I'm checking out the wire service photos from this game on Yahoo!, and I notice this one by a fellow colleague. What I'm wondering is, how the heck did the players get the beer so fast? Is there actually beer in the clubhouse for after the game? That doesn't seem right. I know there's a famous quote out there: "I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player!" But seriously, this is the MLB. How did they get the beer so fast? Did someone run down a case from concessions?

Despite not shooting this no-hitter, I have had a very eventful and news-worthy sports week. Sunday was Jackie Robinson Day, Monday featured Alfonso Soriano getting injured, and of course, yesterday was Sammy Sosa's triumphant return to Chicago. If I shot a no-hitter on top of those three events, I seriously might have just quit photography right there, because things could only go downhill from there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home