Wednesday, February 28, 2007

AP Photo

OK, I don't know why it has taken me so long to announce this, but I have big news! I am now officially a stringer (aka freelancer) for the Associated Press, Chicago bureau. I will be covering primarily sports assignments for them, although if some breaking news ever occurs, I may fill in here and there. I shot my first assignment for them in the middle of December.

The reason this opportunity came about for me is that one of their sports photographers, Jeff Roberson, decided to pursue an opening in his hometown of St. Louis and transfered to that office. So while I am currently low on their call list, it is definitely a big step forward in my photo career. I am sure as time goes on and they begin to trust my work, I will be given more and more opportunities with them.

Anyways, as you'd expect, I've been covering mostly smaller events for AP: women's college basketball and D3 men's college basketball....





... but maybe their trust in me is growing as I've most recently covered an event where former Bears players cheered for their team in Super Bowl XLI and also a Blackhawks-Sharks game...




You can keep up with my work with AP (and Reuters, if they use me again) on Yahoo! News or click "My Photo Wire" on the right (NOTE: images more than 2-3 weeks old are not displayed).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home