Thursday, December 21, 2006

Prey

The Blackhawks are rolling! Since Denis Savard made his coaching debut a few weeks ago, the Hawks have gone 7-1-3 and have been climbing up the NHL standings. I don't want to jinx it, but if they keep this up, they will finally get back to the playoffs!

Well, I guess I jinxed it, because after last night where they lost to the Nashville Predators (who imo, have one of the ugliest uniforms in all of sports), they are now 7-2-3. The Preds are one of the best teams in the NHL, but the Blackhawks have had their number this year, winning the first three head-to-head matchups here in 2006.

Ironically, the Hawks probably played one of their better games of the year against the Preds, but ended up losing anyways. They scored first and had many other scoring chances, and then they played solid defense with hard hitting and shot blocking for the first two periods.





I really like that last shot I posted. People getting checked into the boards happens a lot, but most of the time, it doesn't make a good picture. This one did, but do you notice that weird haze at the bottom of the photo? That's kind of freaking me out. I keep thinking its a blown shutter, because my 1D Mark II is definitely near 100,000 actuations so it's close to that time where shutters start failing (even though Canon says it actually goes to 200,000....). Blown shutters normally present as streaks of light on all your images in the same place, so I think in my case, I'm just being weird. I mean, I don't see that weird "light fog" in a majority of my other images (although it's hard to tell because I shot that frame near the end of the game so I don't have much else to compare it to, plus bright ice would mask a lot of the fog in other pictures anyway), and those that do seem to have that "fog" move to different spots in the frame. So therefore, I'm pretty sure it's just the borders of the hole that I shoot from that is creeping into some frames. I hope...

Anyways, back to the game. Unfortunately, the Preds turned the tables on the Hawks in the third period with their own solid defense and two quick scores to escape Chicago with a 2-1 victory.




One final observation: This guy has the best name/jersey number combo in all of sports. His name is Jordin Tootoo, and he wears number twenty-two. That's two-two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home