Thursday, November 30, 2006

Here Come the Hawks!

The 2006-2007 NHL season has been under way for nearly two months, but last night, I was finally sent out to shoot my first game of the season. The Blackhawks fired their old head coach earlier in the week, so this was the first game for new head coach and former Hawks star Denis Savard. Although the Hawks came out sluggish (like usual), they responded to their new coach and were able to pull out a hard-fought 2-1 victory over the Dallas Stars.

Man, I missed shooting hockey. I mean, it's probably the toughest sport of all to photograph (in large part due to the ridiculously fast pace to the game, and another large part due to the fact that you're shooting through a dinky hole in the glass), but it's just a really neat sport to shoot. Maybe it's the chill of the arena, or the scary fast speed of the players, or the vibrations you feel when someone gets drilled into the boards, but I really love shooting hockey.



I just wish Chicago had a more competitive team and filled up the place. It's kinda sad to see one of the Original Six teams struggle so badly and leave the stadium so empty. Like my Northwestern Wildcats though, this team is young, but they do show flashes like they did in last night's victory!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home