Thursday, August 03, 2006

Da Bears

We're late in the summer now, so you know what that means? It's football time. Well, sort of. NFL (and NCAA) training camps have opened up all around the country. And as they have for the past several seasons, the Bears opened up camp at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, IL, which is a little town about 50 miles south of Chicago.

Although this would be my first NFL training camp, I had a pretty good idea of how a football practice would run because of my experiences with the Northwestern football program. And I also knew that although it'd be exciting to be back on a football field, it would probably get boring in a hurry. I mean seriously, how fun could it be to watch a bunch of players run through drills for two hours? Yup, it's not. Not to mention you're out there baking in the late summer sun for a couple of hours. I guess it proves that there are lots of die hard Bears fans in Chicago, because they come out in force!



The images above were all from the opening day of camp, on July 27. I also went back there on August 3, which will probably be the last training camp session that I visit for the 2006 season. They do practice at Soldier Field sometime next week, but I will probably be shooting the White Sox-Yankees series instead.



So, there are your 2006-2006 Chicago Bears. Next time you see them on this blog, they will be in uniform at Soldier Field!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home