Friday, August 15, 2008

Beijing Olympics: Day 6-7

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have not done a whole lot of new or overly interesting events the past few days. As Michael Phelps draws closer and closer to winning eight gold medals in a single Olympics, I have been spending more and more time at the pool. While each medal is obviously a tremendous accomplishment, Phelps is not really very emotional or wild in his celebrations. Usually it has just been a simple fist pump or a raised arm. I guess that's a true professional: act like you've done it before.



Other competitors however, have not been as muted in their victory celebrations.




Since I have been at swimming so long, I am really running out of ideas on things I can do (especially in a venue and a sport that really limits creativity to begin with). I moved positions so I would be closer to the starting blocks on Day 7, just to see if I could shoot something different of the start, and also started messing around some when I saw the Olympic mascots dancing on the pool deck.




Day 8 is shaping up into what should be a pretty eventful and busy day. Of course, I will be starting off at the pool, as Phelps goes for gold medal number seven, tying Mark Spitz's record for most golds in a single Olympic Games. Then it's off to some water polo, and then finally some track cycling, weight lifting, or both depending on events and who's competing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jerry!

Katie and I just got back into town from Colorado, and I got caught up on all your posts, you've got some fantastic stuff!

Even though, I know it's gotta be so crowded and not an idea place to shoot in terms of ease, I'm still super jealous. :)

Keep up the great work!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home