Friday, June 16, 2006

Astros vs Cubs

The Houston Astros were in town for a three-game series against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field this week. The results were pretty predictable... the Cubs got beaten up on and lost all three.

I only actually shot one of the three games, the Wednesday night game, but that one game pretty much sums up why the Cubs are losing as much as they are.

Unlike the White Sox who usually deliver clutch hits and record huge outs when it matters most (like last week vs the Detroit Tigers), the Cubs just don't deliver with runner in scoring position. Instead, they seem to strike out, or worse, ground into double plays (which they did three times on Wednesday).



They run the bases poorly (aka getting picked off).










Finally, they don't record outs with opposing runners in scoring position. They let the opposing pitcher Roy Oswalt collect two RBIs, which ended up being the difference in the game! Terrible. Well, as they say, "Wait til' next year!"

A couple more images from the game below...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Humphreys said...

Ah, the cubs suck. :) I love it. It reminds me of some of my time when I lived in Chicago.... Ok it reminds me of ALL of the time when I lived in Chicago! :)

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home