Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Orioles and Red Sox

So I've been a bit lazy of putting up recent images. Oh well. Anyways, last week, the White Sox hosted both the Baltimore Orioles and the Boston Red Sox. The Orioles are a struggling team, and with the exception of the series opener, the Sox had their way with them.



But the main event was the Boston Red Sox. Boston is a quality team, and gave the White Sox a real challenge, taking two of three. The White Sox avoided being swept by winning the Sunday finale 6-5 in 19 innings! I was not at that game (thankfully).... I can't even imagine what it'd be like shooting a game for six hours! Just out of curiosity, I asked some people who did shoot it (who all said it was a terrible experience, btw) how many frames one goes through in a 19 inning game. One guy said he took almost 2,000 shots. Another guy said he took about 1,500 images. On a typical game, I think I shoot on average between 400-500 shots. I guess I'm just a bit more selective... although their numbers may have been a bit inflated because it was an extra inning game... and in those games, you pretty much shoot every pitch because you never know which one will be the game winner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Humphreys said...

Great shots as always Jerry! :)

Although I still maintain baseball would just about be the most boring sport in the world to shoot. Probably just above horseshoes or shuffleboard.... :)

So when in the fall are you and I gonna shoot some REAL sports! :) (another NW game!) :)

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerry T. Lai has a blog and I found it! Sweet. What does it feel like to shoot a 6 hour game? Let me tell you. It SUCKS. When they started singing take me out to the ballgame during the 14th inning strech, I couldn't help but laugh.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home