Monday, June 05, 2006

Chicago... Again

Well, for the second consecutive weekend, Northwestern University has a team in the hunt for a national championship, as the softball team has qualified for the championship series for the first time in school history. The best-of-three series is being held in Oklahoma City, where the Northwestern Wildcats will take on the Arizona Wildcats. And for the second consecutive week, I will not be traveling to cover said national championship, so here I am in Chicago... again. I'm not too bummed about it. I mean after all, how exciting could it possibly be in Oklahoma City? Plus, I don't even really like college softball! To me, it's just wannabe baseball! Besides, I always have plenty of work here. There's always an MLB team in town, there's always the non-athletic departments at NU, and then there are the other random assignments. I won't post anything of the Rangers-Sox series that I covered, but here are some selects from other events I did go to...

A book signing by the 2001 Northwestern Professor of the Year, and the inaugural home opener of the Chicago Machine, Chicago's new major league lacrosse franchise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a pro lacrosse team in Chicago?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home