Monday, May 01, 2006

Northwestern Lacrosse Part II

Sunday was senior day for the Northwestern women's lacrosse team. I wasn't originally going to be there, but got a call on Friday asking if I could do it. Sure, why not?

But they seriously could not have picked a ranier day for it. I would have said it was a conspiracy by NU's head photographer Steve Carrera just to get away from the forcasted downpours, but he was actually at the Big Ten golf tournament. Which I'd imagine was equally rainy, but about infinity times more boring.

By some tremendous stroke of luck, the rain stopped about 10 minutes before game time, and then didn't come back until about 5 minutes after the game ended. I was actually kind of annoyed about that. Part of me wanted it to rain like crazy during the game, because we so rarely shoot in those conditions, it makes for some interesting photos.

Anyways, senior day is easy. The most important stuff is just "grip-and-grin" shooting, on top of the normal game stuff.



With about ten minutes left, this little fella (and her buddy) flew in about 15 feet in front of me in the field of play. Quack, quack. The coaches tried to shoo them off but they wouldn't leave. Probably the only thing that would have made the ducks move is if the players came barreling in at them. Or some bread. But the game ended before players could tumble into them. Too bad, because if it did, I'm thinkin' "Photo of the Year Winner!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home