Friday, April 07, 2006

Cubs Home Opener

Man, I've forgotten how freakishly cold it gets at Wrigley in April (not to mention how much of a pain in the ass it is to get to Wrigley with camera gear). It's about 35 degrees, cloudy, the Windy City is more than living up to its name, and you're sitting in the same spot for about three hours.... NOT a good mix. Yes, the thrill of a baseball game does take the edge off, and don't get me wrong, I was very excited and honored to get the chance to cover yet another Opening Day... but the cold really wore that out about 20 minutes after the first pitch. After that, it was pretty much wishing the players would hurry things along and finish the game. I could barely caption my images and send them out during and after because my hands were so cold everytime I ungloved them to use the computer. If Jeff Roberson of the AP doesn't bring his space heater out to the ballpark soon, I think we'll all be very disappointed. Thank goodness the master of pitching efficiency Greg Maddux was on the hill today!!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Humphreys said...

Amazing Jerry! I love both of those shots!!

You're lucky you get to get into all these sweet events! I'm stuck shooting weddings!

When am I gonna come shoot with you again this fall???

:)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home